We are offering awards of up to £10,000 that can address local needs in coalfield communities.
Priority will be given to organisations that are delivering support services or have significantly adapted their services in order to respond to the current issues/challenges in their community and support vulnerable people.
To apply, please click the box at the bottom of the page to access our Eligibility Guidance Notes and complete your enquiry. To ensure your best chance of success, please make sure to read through all of the information before applying. When we have received your enquiry, we will contact you within 7 working days to let you know whether your organisation is eligible to apply for our funding.
We also continue to offer free Practical Support for registered organisations in coalfield areas.
Key application criteria:
- You will need to demonstrate how your organisation is addressing the current issues/challenges in your community and how additional funding will sustain, extend or help you to adapt service delivery
- If your application is successful, the project must be able to start immediately
- The funding must be used to deliver activities/services for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum 12.
Funding is awarded to organisations delivering activities/services in the top 30% most deprived former coalfield areas:
Guidance on which wards are eligible for funding is downloadable below.
Examples of the type of activities/services we would like to support are as follows (please note this list is not exhaustive):
- Organisations providing direct advice, guidance and support to people who are in crisis and/or experiencing financial hardship
- Organisations supporting people who are experiencing poor mental health
- Organisations supporting vulnerable people who are experiencing health inequalities, loneliness and/or social isolation
- Organisations supporting people experiencing domestic violence/sexual abuse
- Organisations supporting local community activity, including volunteering, and co-ordination of services
- July 2021 Committee – The Eligibility survey closes at 5pm on 21 May 2021. The deadline for applications is 7 June 2021 at 5pm.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I apply if my group isn't legally registered/incorporated?
No, please see the Eligibility Guidance Notes. A new fund for unregistered groups will be launched later in the year.
Can I apply for food as part of the application?
Not on this occasion, however you can apply for the Coalfields Food Insecurity Response Fund which will re-open shortly in partnership with Company Shop. You can apply to this fund even if you are applying for the Recovery & Resilience Fund or have an existing CCIP or COVID-19 Recovery & Resilience Fund award.
We will continue to support costs around delivery, for example salaries/volunteer expenses to support Food Banks, through the Recovery & Resilience Fund.
What about geographical eligibility for those organisations where staff are working from home to deliver services?
State either your organisation’s operating address, organisation’s registered office address as per Companies House/Charity Commission or a new delivery location’s postcode where you are now delivering services from. Speak to the team if unsure as we need to ensure the majority of our beneficiaries are from former coalfield communities.
What happens if an organisation is overdrawn or in a poor financial position due to the current situation?
Our Eligibility criteria is stated in our Guidance Notes which provides a clear directive on organisations in a poor financial situation.
Can I apply for this fund if I already have a CCIP award?
No, you can only hold one CCIP revenue award from CRT at any one time.
Can I hold more than one CCIP award in a 12 month period?
No, not from the same funding stream.
Can I apply if the delivery will not start until later in the year?
No, all activities/services must have capacity to start straight away, and deliver in line with the government’s legally enforced social distancing measures.
Can I apply for capital only?
No, but you can apply for up to 50% of the CRT request to enable your organisation to make adaptations to premises to ensure the health & safety of the public is catered for or if you require equipment for direct delivery purposes as listed in the guidance notes.
Can I apply for core costs only?
Yes, as long as you can demonstrate that it is supporting activities and services in response to the current climate, and it does not duplicate funding received from other sources.
Will monitoring requirements be the same for all funding awarded regardless of duration?
Yes. This will be detailed in the monitoring guidance if you are successful and full support will be provided throughout by our team.