Our latest venture, the Coalfields Training and Enterprise Hub (the Hub), involves CRT Scotland adopting a wider approach through an initiative that could be used to deliver an intensive programme of regeneration in partnership with a number of agencies.
In turn this should help to overcome some of the barriers to the development of sustainable community regeneration in the West Fife area, and be used to form partnerships, develop as a direct service provider within former coalfield communities and act as a vehicle for securing sustainable income and funding.
CRT has established the Hub in Kincardine, Fife, as a flexible working space that will bring together lone workers, to combat social isolation and to encourage social entrepreneurship.
The Hub is:
• Part community centre where members are offered a unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities to grow impact.
• Part innovation lab
• Part business incubator
The Hub is a home for:
• Office and meeting space for local community and voluntary organisations
• Longannet Initiative Strategic Partnership and Go Forth Kincardine
• Access to skills and employability support programmes
• Development of community driven social enterprise projects
• Embryonic enterprise support for unemployed and redundant employees
• Flexible rented pod rooms and small office space
• Business support services via business partners
• Webinars, training workshops and delivery of economic development business events
The Hub has its own take on the services and opportunities it provides, this includes:
• Events: workshops, clinics, network meetings, extended training and other support programmes to foster collaborative learning and thought leadership.
• Programmes and Targeted Projects: designed to promote and grow social innovation and enterprise and regenerate local communities.
• Space: Modern, comfortable space to foster collaboration and creativity for individuals, groups, commercial and social enterprises. A space designed to create an environment that provides the infrastructure to work, meet and learn.
We offer a space to work and to connect with like-minded individuals and organisations. Rent a desk for an hour, a day, a week, and a month. Book a meeting room. Join like-minded people for coffee or a networking event. The Hub is space for entrepreneurs to collaborate, share resources, attend events, and find new answers to old problems.
We will invite organisations such as Just Enterprise, DTAS and CEIS to offer their comprehensive support programmes which is designed to help social enterprises and budding social entrepreneurs achieve their trading ambitions.
Not only do we have a comfortable space for entrepreneurs, we have a range of skills and experience to support the development of voluntary and community organisations as well as social enterprises, such as:
• Community consultation – from deciding who and what to consult on, through planning and facilitation of consultation, to understanding the results and identifying priorities for the future.
• Advice on implementation of plans
• Business planning support for aspiring community enterprises and developments
• Community capacity building
• Support for business start-up, development and long-term sustainability
• An independent critical friend, mentor and mediator