Position: Community Football Coach – Casual
Contract Type: Freelance
Reporting to: Development Manager Game On England
Responsible for: Supporting the delivery of Game On England football sessions
Salary: Lead Coach £20 an Hour, Assistant Coach £10 an hour
Terms: Individuals will be responsible for their own National Insurance and tax liabilities.
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust Game On England programme is an award winning programme established in 2007. Through direct delivery of sport based activity Game On has played a powerful role in addressing the growing health, skills and employment inequalities within ex-mining communities. The Trust has a delivery team based in Wales however, in England; there has been no Game On provision since September 2016. Since April 2018 we have been re-developing our provision in England, with an initial focus on Yorkshires coalfields. This year we are looking to expand the programme into the East Midlands.
We are looking to recruit committed, experienced and enthusiastic qualified coaches to join our pool of freelance coaches to deliver Game On England sessions in Wakefield (Airedale & Hemsworth Area), Barnsley (Athersley & Kendray Area) and Doncaster (Denaby Area).
Hours available as and when required, including evening and weekend work. Each lead coach will be supported at each session by an assistant coach. Please specify in your application the geographical area you are willing to deliver in.
• Level 2 Football Coaching Certificate (or a generic Level 2 qualification in Sports Leadership/Community Sports Coaching)
• Level 1 Football Coaching Certificate (or a generic Level 1 qualification in Sports Leadership/Community Sports Coaching)
• Current clear DBS/ CRC check in place
• Current Safeguarding and First Aid qualifications
• Experience of working with young people.
• Minimum of 1 years coaching experience.
• Ability to undertake any necessary travel in connection with the delivery of the sessions.
• Experience of working within a community setting.
Each coach will be required to undertake a DBS check before completing any work on behalf of the trust. To express an interest or for more information please contact Alex Hobson on GameOnEngland@coalfields-regen.org.uk or call 07719556772
Visit the Game On England programme page for more information about how we’re inspiring young people through sport.