Game On Wales is the award winning sport programme delivered by The Coalfields Regeneration Trust.
Appalled by the level of health inequality in our former coal towns and villages, we champion and strengthen coalfield communities through sport.
Investment in sport and physical activity-based interventions like Game On Wales disproportionally deliver outcomes in under-served areas – communities most in need of levelling up – (220 wards) across 12 Welsh local authority areas.
We do this by providing and / or supporting others that provide informal sport e.g. 5 a side (Football 5ives), walking football, Turn Up and Play sessions for girls (Huddle) and other easy to organise and access sport sessions. In addition we support sport clubs to become more effective and visible through expert off-field sport club support (better places to play and community asset transfers) plus our Coalfield Cymru Kit grant encourages teenage participation in sport.
For too long, people with the most to gain from being active have been the least able to take part.
- 2022 Football Association of Wales National ‘Fun Football’ Provider of the Year
- 2022 Football Association of Wales & South Wales F.A. ‘Fun Football’ Provider of the Year
- 2020 Football Association of Wales & South Wales F.A. ‘Fun Football’ Provider of the Year
- 2018 Persimmon Homes (East Wales) ‘Community Sport Provider of the Year’
- 2018 South Wales Football Association ‘Grassroots Project of the Year’
- 2016 Football Association of Wales Trust ‘Grassroots Impact’ Award Winner