The team, here in Wales, respond to the needs of coalfield communities in flexible, creative and innovative ways.
We work in partnership with local communities to:
- Provide investment, both from our own and other sources
- Develop solutions to safeguard community facilities and services
- Support grass-roots community activity
- Empower communities
- Create lasting partnerships and consortia
A good example of this was our response to the devastating impacts of Storm Dennis. In response to this crisis Mick Antoniw MS and Alex Davies-Jones MP representing Pontypridd and Vikki Howells MS and Beth Winter MP representing the Cynon Valley initiated and led on setting up a Flood Recovery Fund for their respective communities. The Moondance Foundation stepped forward to provide the necessary funding and the Coalfields Regeneration Trust willingly agreed to deliver the funding directly to the households effected. The impact report.
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust can provide a range of services to achieve our vision for former mining towns and villages, these services include:
- Asset and service transfer support
- Mentoring services
- Peer support
- Training and employability services
- Business support for social enterprises, including strategic and business planning, funding strategies
- Community consultations
- Grant administration and management services
- Impact and evaluation studies
- Energy support
To enable us to provide more targeted and intensive support, we have provided some examples of the current funding and contracts we have in place.
Grant Management Services and Community Development Support
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust provides grant management services and community development support to the Building Communities Trust Invest Local Fund, in Cefn Golau, Tredegar.