The team, here in Wales, respond to the needs of coalfield communities in flexible, creative and innovative ways.
We work in partnership with local communities to:
- Provide investment, both from our own and other sources
- Develop solutions to safeguard community facilities and services
- Support grass-roots community activity
- Empower communities
- Create lasting partnerships and consortia
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust can provide a range of services to achieve our vision for former mining towns and villages, these services include:
- Asset and service transfer support
- Mentoring services
- Peer support
- Training and employability services
- Business support for social enterprises, including strategic and business planning, funding strategies
- Community consultations
- Grant administration and management services
- Impact and evaluation studies
- Energy support
To enable us to provide more targeted and intensive support, we have provided some examples of the current funding and contracts we have in place.
The Together Fund
The Together Fund is a grant programme managed on behalf of United Welsh Housing Association
Enterprising Solutions (DTA Wales)
We provide peer and mentoring support through Enterprising Solutions (DTA Wales), which is a practitioner-led support programme for community enterprise, through peer and mentor support.
Trust staff are coordinators for the RENEW Wales (DTA) programme, which helps community groups to tackle the causes and impact of climate change through advice, training and support. This support includes energy audits and advice.
Grant Management Services and Community Development Support
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust provides grant management services and community development support to the Building Communities Trust Invest Local Fund, in 2 areas (Cefn Golau, in Tredegar and Phillipstown, in the Upper Rhymney Valley).