Coalfields Community Investment Programme (CCIP) – Practical Support
The Coalfields Community Investment Programme (CCIP) – Practical Support offer in England has three main objectives:
- To build the capacity of coalfield organisations to become more sustainable.
- To develop a membership of connected coalfield organisations across England.
- To share good practice and respond to local needs.
- To develop joint-working and income generation opportunities.
1. Our Offer – The Support Provided
- Organisational Diagnostic Tool – analysis of organisational need.
- Critical Friend – face to face, telephone and email support from the team.
- Local Area Profiling – detailed reports of local statistics.
- Online resource library of over 500 useful reports and information.
- Networking & information sharing.
- Regional information and partnership events – including development funding.
- Information about funding/finance opportunities.
- Promotion & marketing.
- Support to identify specific organisational needs.
- Support to identify development opportunities.
- Support applying for funding/finance and bid-writing training.
- Evaluation & monitoring advice
- Signposting to partner organisations and other sources of support.
Please note the practical support is provided free of charge to all eligible organisations.
2. How to Register for Practical Support
Step 1: If you would like to register for practical support and become a member of the network please review the eligibility criteria below and determine whether the support provided, as explained above, would meet your requirements. Please contact the team if you are interested in registering for support on 01226 272811 or email email@example.com
Step 2: Following the initial enquiry, if your organisation is eligible we will email a link to the Organisational Diagnostic Tool for you to complete which will capture information about your organisation. This process will prompt you to consider and consolidate your own thoughts and aspirations about your organisation’s development and help to focus on what practical support your organisation requires.
Step 3: Once the organisational diagnostic is complete we will receive notification and will then email you a copy of the completed form for your information.
Step 4: We will assess the form to determine how best we can assist you with your support needs and send you some resources.
Step 5: We aim to be as supportive as possible, through the variety of resources at your disposal. We will arrange to discuss your needs in more detail, this could be a face to face meeting, a regional event, a telephone conversation or via email.
We aim to work with as many organisations as possible and we recognise that organisations have different needs which will change over time. We will endeavour to support as many organisations as possible and if, for whatever reason, the Trust is unable to support your needs we will signpost to a more appropriate provider.
3. Eligibility Criteria
To register for practical support your organisation must meet the following criteria:
3.1 Geographical Criteria
Your organisation must be physically located in an eligible coalfield ward or be delivering the majority of your services to people living in coalfield areas. There is a list of eligible wards below for each coalfield region, which can also be found on our website, or if you are unsure please contact us.East Midlands Kent North East North West West Midlands Yorkshire
3.2 Legal / Governance Criteria
Your organisation must be a legally constituted, not for personal profit, organisation such as (please note this list is not exhaustive) a:
- Registered charity.
- Company limited by guarantee.
- Community Interest Company (CIC).
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
- Parochial Church Council.
- Community Benefit Society ‘bencom’ (incorporated Industrial Provident Society).
3.3 Additional Criteria
Your organisation must also have the following:
- A governing document(s) appropriate to the legal/governance structure of the organisation.
- Your own bank account in the name of the organisation.
- Your own annual accounts (for organisations more than 1 year old).
- Your most recent accounts must indicate your organisation has received less than £250,000 of unrestricted funds in the last financial year.
- Three or more unrelated people on the Management Committee/Board.
3.4 Who is Not Eligible?
The following are not eligible to receive support through the CCIP:
- Private businesses/business for personal profit.
- Unregistered/unincorporated groups/organisations.
- Statutory bodies for example local authorities, town and parish councils, schools or colleges.
- National organisations without independent local branches.
- Organisations that we believe are in a poor financial position.
- Companies limited by shares.
- “Friends of Groups” where the end beneficiary will clearly be a statutory body.
- Organisations not established in the UK.
- Organisations not based in or not working predominantly in eligible coalfield areas.
3.5 Termination of Membership
The Trust reserves the right to terminate the membership of any organisation for any of the following reasons (please note this list is not exhaustive):
- The member organisation is found to not have met the criteria to have joined the Coalfields Community Investment Programme Practical Support Offer.
- The member organisation breaches any of the terms of membership.
- The member organisation’s action is considered unacceptable.