Employment and Skills Service (England)
This service is currently focused in Barnsley and the Dearne Valley and delivered by our two Community Employment and Enterprise Coaches.
We can provide ‘one to one’ support and help you find suitable training and employment. If there are things that prevent you from finding work you could benefit from talking to us. We offer a completely free, confidential, no obligation service. Working together we can develop a realistic personal plan that will assist you to get a job, and be better off. We understand that people have different needs.
We will do our very best to help you by:
- Finding you a job you want
- Using our computers to help you write your CV
- Completing application forms
- Help to attend an interview
- Advising you how a job will affect your benefits
- Supporting you to get training you need for a job
If you would like to know more about the service please contact either Helen Murphy or Louise Jackson on 01226 270800.
Our Employment and Skills Service Team deliver their services with the following aims and objectives:
- To offer clients a free, confidential, professional and customer focused service with trained experienced staff who offer ‘tailored’ individual support, always putting the ‘customer first’.
- To constantly review, monitor and evaluate the service to improve delivery and meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- To work with partners to ensure the customer journey is complete and each individual’s aspirations are achieved.
- To track each client’s progress towards and after entering employment to ensure they are given the most appropriate support as and when needed.
- To tackle intergenerational worklessness by changing the mind set of individual family members and promote the social, economic and health benefits of volunteering and paid employment.
- To provide a pre and after care service to employers and customers.
- To provide support, information and guidance on training, volunteering and employment to each individual who registers.
- To motivate our customers, build their confidence and self-esteem and encourage each and everyone through group participation or one-to-one support.
- To agree and implement individual development plans with each customer to remove their individual barriers to employment, training or volunteering.
- To provide a holistic service by signposting to other providers for additional specialist support.
- To provide an open door policy where individuals feel welcome and an environment where people don’t feel judged or threatened in anyway.
- To formalise a partnership agreement with each client, where there is equal commitment on both sides to achieve the customer’s ultimate goal.
- To develop customer’s skills in the preparation of CVs, applying for jobs, interview techniques and other employability skills.
- To provide a job-match service to employers and the latest information on employment opportunities to our customers.
- To provide information on training opportunities, transport and childcare to assist customers to make their own informed decisions.
- To provide access to Work Clubs where customers can access IT, job vacancy information, one-to-one support, learn new skills and meet other like minded people.
- To provide volunteering and work placement opportunities to our customers who would like to improve their skills and contribute their time.
- To provide a service which recognises the diversity of its clients and ensures equality of opportunity is embedded in the Trust’s offer.
We would like to acknowledge the support from Ladbrokes Coral for our work delivered in the Dearne Valley.