Community Investment Programme – Coalfields Small Grants
WHAT IS THE COALFIELDS COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME?
The Coalfields Community Investment Programme will assist organisations operating within the Coalfield Communities to help themselves. It will help small groups unlock their communities by supporting new ideas which enhance social cohesion, community enterprise and regeneration activity in their area.
The Investments can be capital and/or revenue, we will accept applications for Awards of between £500 – £5,000 for capital and/or revenue projects.
The Coalfields Community Investment Programme is a small fund created to support activities that tackle some of the key challenges that still remain in coalfield communities. The fund is open to projects that deliver in eligible coalfield communities and that will make a positive difference in addressing the following themes:
Skills: Growing the skills of people in order to increase their opportunities
Employment: Developing pathways to increase the number of people in work
Health: Supporting activities that improve the health and wellbeing of all age groups
The Community Investment Programme will support projects which constitute activity for a voluntary/community group or a community/social enterprise. We will prioritise projects that complement the delivery activities of CRT, such as the Coalfields Community Futures Programme and Coalfields Regeneration School, and supporting community ownership projects.
- Encourage community led capacity, innovation and services
- Create an environment in which people can participate and encourage local growth
- Support the community outcomes identified within the Coalfields Community Futures and Coalfields Enterprise Programme
- Increase partnership between players which can act as a catalyst for levering in other funds
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are welcomed from new or existing groups that are based in or can evidence significant benefit to eligible coalfield communities. Priority will be given to those groups that have had little or no funding support from us in the past.
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust will continue to target communities in eligible coalfield communities, a list of which can be found here.
These coalfields are:
The Ayrshire Coalfield, which includes parts of East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire and the Upper Nithsdale area of Dumfries and Galloway
- The Lothian Coalfield, which includes parts of East Lothian and Midlothian
- The Clydesdale and Strathkelvin Coalfield, which includes parts of West Lothian, South Lanarkshire, North Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire
- Fife/Central, which includes parts of Fife, Clackmannanshire, Stirling and Falkirk
An organisation can only hold one award in any twelve month period.
WHAT SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE?
CRT will provide support to applicants and other voluntary groups to develop skills, knowledge and capacity, in relation to funding.
As well as providing free advice, information and training, staff can help those that most need support, in a variety of ways:
By providing advice and information on funding and funding sources
- Offering outreach and one to one group support
- Delivering training sessions and workshops on funding and related issues
- Running locally based funding surgeries and organising funding seminars and events
We don’t do the fundraising for you, but can assist your organisation to develop your skills and confidence and provide information that will help you to do it yourselves.
HOW DO I APPLY?
For more information contact:
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust
3/7 The E Centre, Cooperage Way Business Village, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP